April 1 and the day began with rain... over an inch of rain.
While the rain continued to come down, Joseph and I took to sprinkling "milky spores" in the garden and around the birch trees. We used up what we had in this grub control... and i went and purchased more for future use. I also purchased a forsythia since Joseph mentioned that he would really like to have one.
After the rain stopped, I moved the butterfly bush that was in the main garden... down near the fire ring. I also moved the "pinks" from the sundial area to main garden... trying to protect them from the deer. We planted the forsythia along the pine line at the back of our property. I also planted the assortment of "potential trees", aka twigs... in two pots on the patio.
Noticed new groth on the honeysuckle, clematis, spiderwort, bleeding heart and astilbe.
Bradford pears are leafing out... as is the crabapple.

No comments:
Post a Comment