The daylilys continue to put on a show... one type stops and another one starts blooming. The peachy colored daylily is called "Summer Holiday" and it is one of my favorites. I've had them for quite a few years. I think it goes really well with the white lavender.
Yesterday and today i continued to dig out the turf between the long arc of burning bushes. Between each burning bush i added oat grass. I've only got two more to go which feels really good... its been waiting too long.
Joseph say and pointed out a young mantis today!
And today was the day that i put out the beetle traps. I had resisted until the beetles were all over the birch trees. So i figure that the traps are pulling the bugs off of the birches. I put out three bait traps. This evening the bags were half filled. It was quite the experience putting up the traps. Next year i must remember to put them out late in the evening or early in the morning, to avoid being swarmed by beetles. I went through beetle trauma today!
No comments:
Post a Comment