Today it wasn't raining or cold so i was able to get out into the garden. I edged and mulched the front flower bed. Digging out turf that is wet isn't too much fun and my back isn't too happy about the days events. sigh... i also mulched portions of the main flower bed. I'm sorry to say that there is no sign of my pink poppy... i guess the harshness of the winter was too much for it. I'm going to miss that beauty.
Paula's online gardening journal... since i can't seem to keep a written gardening journal going, i'm attempting to create (and update)this electronic one. Hopefully it will last longer than the written versions. Basic garden information... Zone 5 in Western Pennsylvania
Friday, May 23, 2008
Mulching, mulching, mulching...
Today it wasn't raining or cold so i was able to get out into the garden. I edged and mulched the front flower bed. Digging out turf that is wet isn't too much fun and my back isn't too happy about the days events. sigh... i also mulched portions of the main flower bed. I'm sorry to say that there is no sign of my pink poppy... i guess the harshness of the winter was too much for it. I'm going to miss that beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment