The vegetable garden is doing really well. The peppers have been giving me a steady crop... not too many to overwhelm me. I'm patiently waiting for my second tomato and i did notice that my pear tomatoes are starting to yellow-up. I'll be harvesting beets in a day or two... special golden ones. I have been thrilled with my columnar basil... it's more like a shrub and it's compact growth is a really nice feature. The cabbage are growing nicely and my Mom's comment about placing mint near them seems to have helped deter any pests... i had to thin out my pineapple mint, so i placed it to dry around the cabbage. I noticed one pumpkin so far, a bunch of butternut squash and a couple melon.
Paula's online gardening journal... since i can't seem to keep a written gardening journal going, i'm attempting to create (and update)this electronic one. Hopefully it will last longer than the written versions. Basic garden information... Zone 5 in Western Pennsylvania
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Veggies!
The vegetable garden is doing really well. The peppers have been giving me a steady crop... not too many to overwhelm me. I'm patiently waiting for my second tomato and i did notice that my pear tomatoes are starting to yellow-up. I'll be harvesting beets in a day or two... special golden ones. I have been thrilled with my columnar basil... it's more like a shrub and it's compact growth is a really nice feature. The cabbage are growing nicely and my Mom's comment about placing mint near them seems to have helped deter any pests... i had to thin out my pineapple mint, so i placed it to dry around the cabbage. I noticed one pumpkin so far, a bunch of butternut squash and a couple melon.
Labels:
vegetable garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment