Saturday, March 30, 2013

Warm Temperatures and a Honeybee

Bright Sun + Crocus = Springtime

Today we had warm temperatures and sunshine.  That's something that we haven't had in a while.  I did some garden clean-up, turned over the vegetable garden plot with Joseph's help.  I was delighted to see the abundance of earthworms in the soil.  Then proceeded to plant 2 1/2 rows of onions.


Honeybee at work.

As i wandered around the garden i thought "what i wouldn't give to see a honeybee" and lo and behold, there she was.  At first she was really working over the aconite and ignoring the crocus.  I moved the chicken wire cage that i had over the crocus (protection from deer and bunnies) in preparation of taking some photos.  The honeybee instantly went for the crocus.  I don't know what the chicken wire did to deter the bee.


Hovering

No comments: