Saturday, May 25, 2013

It heated up last week and is cold again for the holiday weekend!

We went from mid-80s on Tuesday to frost and freeze warnings last night... and again tonight.  Last night didn't get as cold as predicted and my plants were fine.  I did take in my hanging pots and other plants that i had taken out last weekend.  I will be putting them all back out on Monday.  Today is bright and sunny with a lot of wind.  Luckily my lupine aren't real tall this year, so they are staying erect...  i think it also helps that they are protected from the wind by the house.  My milkweed patch continues to grow.  I counted 60 plants.  Next week i will dig out the ones that are straying to far from the patch and share with Debbye!

White bearded iris in the front yard.

Rhodie-time!

Delighted to have the purple one this year.
Lupine-the current star in the garden.  

Pinks and purples.

No comments: