Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September Maintenance


The garden is going through a transition time. The last of the brown-eyed susans are dying off... and the asters haven't kicked in very far (I have an abundance this year of both wild aster and domestic ones). I've been trimming back the lavendar, heuchera flower stalks and susans. I decided that the creeping phlox had grown too far over the sidewalk. I started trimming them back and didn't like the rigid feel of the trim... so i ended up pulling out phlox along the edges. Of course what i pulled out was planted down near the stepping stones. I also transplanted some susans from the main bed. They are now down along the edge of the property near some oat grass. As you can see from the image, i have a nice sunflower along the sidewalk... planted by a bird, probably a blue jay. I also noticed a peanut plant nearby!

No comments: