Saturday, September 15, 2007

Windy Day


Plumage
Originally uploaded by pjslomer
Last evening I decided to move the heuchara (creme brulee) out of the main bed near the birdbath. It wasn't happy in that location... too much sun. I moved it under the maple tree near the back patio and i believe that it will do much better in that spot. It was showing signs of recovery very quickly. This morning i had to rush out and rescue the heuchara and a hosta from the clay pot with melon sage that blew off the patio. the winds have been wicked today. I'm still trying to figure out how it blew off... big plant in heavy clay pot. The heuchara was only hit by the foliage. The hosta took a direct hit from the clay pot. Oh well, it's the end of the season. I do believe that the neighbor taking out the three big pines from her yard has effected the amount of wind we receive... sigh.

No comments: