Today i spent a good deal of time digging out dandelions from the main flower bed. Still have plenty of dandelions to remove from the sidewalk bed. The phlox are starting to bloom and look wonderful. Still have an ongoing abundance of daffodils of many varieties. I think there are some new ones that Mom gave me bulbs for last year. I don't recognize them... Currently in bloom:
- Daffodils
- Dog-tooth Violets
- Freckles Viola
- Violets (wild purple)
- Frittalaria (only 1)
- Grape Hyacinth
- Blue & White Hyacinth
- Tulips (just starting)
- Phlox (creeping)
- Quince
- Veronica
- Hyacinth
- Scilla Sibirica
- Puschkinia
I made a dent in the mulch pile by mulching the "butterfly bed". I'm hoping this year to carve out the front flower bed on the living room side of the house... and also around the back patio. I'm hoping to get some creeping thyme started out there near the hemlock.
In anticipation of tomorrow's rain, i put out the large rain barrel.
No comments:
Post a Comment