This morning I had to laugh at the noisy scene i encountered. I walked out of the house to hear a nighbor with a chipper/shredder machine going... and then there was the pair of red squirrels... constant chatter between these two critters. And then i had a family of Tufted Titmice... calling back and forth to each other in that exasperated tone, and then there was the blue jays ready for peanuts. It was a very silly scene.
Today I did a lot of thinning out in the main flower bed. Too much woodruff, viola, lily-of-the-valley and california poppy under the contorted cedar. It felt good to reclaim some of the paths that had become impassable. I planted a dozen zinnias in two spots.
I moved some clumps of viola down to the woodland corner. I also transplanted on of the Bleeding Hearts to the front of the house... i'm hoping that the moist soil will be beneficial.
Currently in bloom: Stella d'oro Daylily, Pale yellow daylily, spiderwort, coral bells, lavendar, coreopsis, veronica, astilbe, snap dragons, california poppy.
Currently available for consumption: lettuce, basil, parsley, dill.
And I watched a very funny young bunny... running to and fro'... hopping... flopping... rolling... stretching and napping... having a wonderful time in the garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment