Monday, June 15, 2009

New beds and cleaning up old ones...

Saturday, we cleaned out the grass that was around the rhododendrons in the south corner... extended the bed further toward the house and planted the new astilbe that i picked up at a plant exchange. I also planted a dozen zinnias in the front flower bed. Planted my new rabbit foot fern.

Sunday, Joseph and I created a new bed near the tall pines down on the southern edge of the property. (Eventually I plan on having a garden along the south edge) I transplanted a day lily that was growing very thick... split it into three, planted it along with some lily-of-the-valley and oatgrass. I also planted a dozen zinnias in the main flower bed.

Today, i weeded and mulched around the hemlock near the back patio. I also cleaned out the ground cover under the maple tree. I moved a few pieces of statuary (a house and barn) into the area... planted some creeping thyme and chicks n' hens. I'm pleased with the look of it. p.s. i didn't plant any zinnias today!

No comments: