Paula's online gardening journal... since i can't seem to keep a written gardening journal going, i'm attempting to create (and update)this electronic one. Hopefully it will last longer than the written versions. Basic garden information... Zone 5 in Western Pennsylvania
Friday, March 19, 2010
Almost Spring... clean-up
We've had a warm week and it has melted all of the snow... I thought it would take forever. I went about trimming all of the ornamental grasses. The pampas, fountain and oat grasses... i'm looking forward to watching them grow where i've divided and transplanted them. I'm especially looking forward to the fountain grass near the patio. I think it will make a nice wall. I'm also contemplating adding more ornamental grass between us and the neighbors basketball court. We are on the downside of the basketball and one of my beds is in the line of fire... it could use a barrier. In that bed is two crab apple trees... i trimmed back the smaller of the two trees to force it to fill in rather than get tall. I also found a small pine seedling near the house that i put in a pot... we'll see if i can get this little pine tree to grow. I also have a holly growing nearing the house that i might transplant tomorrow.
Labels:
spring clean-up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment