Tuesday, March 9, 2010

There is plant life under all the snow...

Today the temperature heated up to 52 degrees... the first time since December 9th... three months of cold or frigid weather. We've had a total of a little over 70 inches of snow this season (Dec.-Feb.)... 30 inches over the norm. This winter has been extreme.

But today the breezes felt almost spring like and the glaciers are melting. When I got home from work, Joseph was anxious to point out buds on our winter aconite! Yes, there will be flowers. And even tho' i was dressed in a suit, i proceeded to start cleaning up the garden. Trimmed off some plants that had died, trimmed a russian sage, rose and a coreopsis. It felt so good to be doing something outside in the garden. I also pulled out a few pieces of chicken wire to protect some of my plants that the deer tend to like. I've not noticed any deer in the area, but i still wanted to protect some of my plants.

No comments: