The garden is off to a very slow start... temperatures have been cold lately (this morning was 19F).
I've noticed that my miniature daffodils are only half their normal height and their heads are facing down.
Very dismayed to find that my favorite tulips (deep red ones) will not be returning... seems that a rodent of some sort decided that it would make a good dinner. I also noticed some other bulbed plants aren't coming up either (one stand of trout lily).
I have put up chicken wire cages over the remaining trout lily and tulips to deter any deer munching.
Last weekend when it was warmer, Joseph and I took the tree guards off of the trees.
Paula's online gardening journal... since i can't seem to keep a written gardening journal going, i'm attempting to create (and update)this electronic one. Hopefully it will last longer than the written versions. Basic garden information... Zone 5 in Western Pennsylvania
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Garden View- March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment