Thursday, June 13, 2013

Miniature Gardening

I have a small house and barn in the garden.  I purchased them at an arts & crafts festival years ago.  This year i came across a line of products from "Fairy Gardening" and had a blast creating my own scene in a container... I had enough left over potting mix to create another environment.  I used things from the kit and did a mix n' match with other miniatures that i had.  Then because i was so into it... i spruced up my herb container to make it a miniature scene too.

A little scene created around a house that i've had for years.
The windmill brought it all to life.

This is my first go-around with the fairy garden scene.
It morphed into something much more rustic.
I used birch branches to fashion the bench and railing.
Note the marshmallows on a stick.

I purchased some miniature plants
and also looked to my perennial
garden for creeping thyme and chicks n' hens.




Close-up of marshmallows
Adding sticks to the background really gave it some height.

Here's my second mini garden...
fashioned from a cracked birdbath dish.

Herb container garden as miniature scene.
A chippie is already re-arranging this one.

No comments: