Saturday, June 1, 2013

The pots are planted! ...and the garden is lush.

I really enjoy having pots filled with all manor of plants on the patio and near the back door.  Last week i took a day and went on a shopping spree at the greenhouse.  Once again i went for salmon, chartreuse and burgundy tones.   Here are some of the pots:



The dragon is an Etsy find.  From Cedar Moon Studio.



The garden is super lush right now and i'll soon need to go in and clear the paths.  The lushness of the garden has not been good for my iris... they need more air around them.  I am contemplating on moving them in the fall.  Speaking of moving plants.  I shared milkweed, lemon balm and woodruff with Debbye... in return i got comfrey, blazing star and keys to heaven (red valerian).  I'm happy to say that the transplants have been doing well... even with the blazing hot sunshine and heat of the past couple of days.  Here are some more images of the garden.

I purchased a new grass that i had never seen before...
it's called fiber-optic grass.
I think it looks great in my cat planter.

Garden overview, May 28, 2013.

The mini veggie garden has everything planted.
I have onions, peppers and peas this year.

Spider-wort volunteer growing out of the sidewalk.

The poppy is having its best year yet.  

It's looking super healthy and giving me an abundance of flowers.

Balloon flowers.

Top down view looking out the first floor window.

More pots on the garden wall.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Beautiful! Excellent work...oops, Fun!