Wednesday, May 16, 2007

RAIN!!!



We finally got rain today... all day! It had been a month since we had a good soaking and i was getting concerned. One rain barrell was empty and the second one was being used up quickly (they are both full with some extra buckets filled up too). I had to water my latest grasses because the ground was cracking around them... and the burning bush transplants as well. So today's rain was a very welcome sight and sound. I could feel a collective sigh from Mother Earth. I also decdied to take a break and go get an adjustment... much needed from weilding the maddock so much and carrying around bucket upon bucket of mulch. I'm making some progress on the bed on the outside of the sidewalk... some parts are really easy and then others have lots of weeds to thin out. It's a challenge...
New blooming in the garden: Spring Star flowers (after many years of no blooming), pincushion flowers, lily-of-the-valley, buttercups.

No comments: