Yesterday I traveled up to Always Summer Herbs, near Slippery Rock, to pick up the special plants that i ordered this year. Included in my order were sage plants that smell of pineapple and other citrus odors. The hummingbird loved the one plant that i had last year, so i decided to get more this year. I also picked up two types of mint... one being a pineapple mint that i had in town. It has a pretty varigated leaf. Three different types of basil including Perpetual Pesto which is a columnar grower. Two types of lavendar in a pinks. Rue. Black Cohosh. Scented geraniums... and a huechara called Creme Brulee. Let the planting begin!
Planted three pots with a variety of plants... a lot over-wintered.
Currently in the garden the columbine are starting to bloom. I've noticed that the plants are smaller than usual. The cold spell last month was hard on them. Hostas and ferns are growing strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment