Saturday i had to do some emergency moving of plants. The nighbor was going to mow down the patch of milkweed that is near her property. I've watched the onarch butterflies feed on this patch of milkweed and i was very distraught at seeing her push it over... So i very hurriedly created a bed (which i will use for wildflowers) and transplanted a bunch of milkweed. I'm hoping that it will take. The day was hot and sunny, so the plants are stressed. I put up sheets to protect them from the sun. I'm concerned that when i dug them up, i noticed that they are on runners undergound... and i had to cut the runners when i dug them up. So i'm hoping for the best.
I also transplanted some snap dragon that were volunteers growing up through pea gravel.
This evening was cloudy so I finished edging the front bed near the sidewalk.
2 comments:
As of yesterday with its delightful rainfall... the milkweed are looking very healthy with a lot of new growth.
today i noticed a monarch caterpillar on the milkweed!... success...
Post a Comment