Thursday, June 14, 2007

We could use some Rain!


It rained all around us yesterday... i thought for sure that we would be getting buckets (like what i drove through on my way home)... and we got a drop in the bucket instead. One rain barrel is about empty, and no rain in the immediate forecast.

I'm noticing that the garden is showing the stresses of lack of water. An Aster is starting to bloom! It's only eight inches tall and its starting to flower. I guess the plant feels that its mid August. My Shasta Daisy is also starting to bloom... and is half the height of normal.

Today I stripped away the grass from around one of the birch trees and alfter pouring on buckets of water, i mulched it in good. One down, one to go. Luckily there was cloud cover today so i wasn't sun blasted.

The Stella D'oros and California Poppies seem to be happy and continue to grace us with a profusion of flowers.

NOTE for 08: Transplant Stella D'oros out fro under birch trees.

No comments: