Saturday, June 9, 2007

Transplanting Day!

Today has been a perfect weather day for moving plants around. It's been some time since we've had 72 degree weather with cool breezes and moist soil. Today is that day and i moved a lot of oatgrass from the center of my main flower bed. I trasplanted it to the bottom edge of the yard, a spot between two burning bushes (i've connected them with a bed... have more to do but haven't had the right amount of shade in the area) and also in the top of a plastic urn whose base brocke down. With that pot i took the base off and planted the whole pot a couple inches then added oatgrass, creeping thyme and chicks 'n hens. I created a bed around the holly that was in the middle of the yard and added the pot there.
I also took some liriope and thyme and planted along the paver path in the east corner of the yard. In hopes that it doens't look so bare there.
Currently in bloom are the rose, peony, stella d'oro daylily, california poppy, veronica and coreopsis.

No comments: