Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weed, mulch, weed, mulch, mulch...


We purchased 3 yards of mulch. It sits in a pile at the end of the driveway. Last weekend, i mulched the main flower bed, the crescent bed neat the paper bark maple and the crab apple bed in the front yard. This past weekend, i mulched around the two bradford pears, the front sidewalk bed, the beds around the front of the house and around the patio. Still have so much to do... and my legs remind me of what all i've done so far.

In the midst of my weeding i found a heuchera that has seeded behind the tree near the front porch. I'll need to move it to a more suitable place. One spot that i thought i might move it to, i found (when removing the old-fashioned daisy) a tiny little bleeding heart. I had transplanted it last fall and was dismayed when i didn't see it this spring. But it did survive, it was just drowned out by the daisy. One plant that didn't survive the winter was the black cohosh. I'm really saddened that it didn't make it.

No comments: