Paula's online gardening journal... since i can't seem to keep a written gardening journal going, i'm attempting to create (and update)this electronic one. Hopefully it will last longer than the written versions. Basic garden information... Zone 5 in Western Pennsylvania
Monday, May 18, 2009
Beautiful cool May Day...
I had the day off today and used it in the garden. I transplanted a trillium and an astilbe that were struggling in the southeast bed. They now reside in the south bed with the other native flowers. I thinned out some of the sweet woodruff that seems to be trying to take over the southeast bed. I culd rpobably take more out of it, but i'll wait until the flowers are doen blooming. I noticed a honeybee enjoying the flowers. The hummingbirds this year seem to prefer the columbine over the coral bells. More beds were weeded and mulched. And the vegetable garden is one step cloer to planting. I added lime (cause Dad said so) to make the soil less acidic. Joseph used the tiller and churned up the soil making it light and fluffy. I was surprised and delighted that worms can survivie a tiller.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment