Today I went to the garden show at the Succop Conservancy. I only bought one plant while there... an old-fashioned orange Poppy... guess I was feeling nostalgic for the older varieties, ones that i've had before. The high-point of this show was the purchase of an iron-worked trellis! It is outrageously organic and ornate with curls and turns. It is an original piece of art that I feel priveleged to have in my garden.
After this garden show I went and purchased hanging plants for Mom's day... two red-purple geraniums and a fuschia... i think Mom will be happy. I also purchased a fuschia and lobelia for me... along with some dill and a really pretty ornamental grass callede Pennisetum orientele 'Karley Rose'. When i got home i planted the grass, poppy and dill.
I dug up more Freckles violas and gave some to Phillip to inturn give to Lori... and I plan on taking some for Mom tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment