This morning I started out by taking all the little posts and plant trays and digging out a lot of the surplus plants that I have. I still have plenty. I dug out liriope, oatgrass, pineapple mint, chocolate mint, columbine and freckles violas. (All plants are destined for the Harmony plant exchange in a couple of weeks). I did something different this transplant time... once i potted the plants i placed it in a big bucket before watering... i watered and let them sit in the puddle of water for the day. They seemed to like it because they didn't wilt at all... even with the hot day (even tho' the weather folks predicted mostly cloudy... and we had totally sunny weather. With the hot weather, my iris are flying through their bloom cycle. We left this morning with six blooms and came home late afternoon to over a dozen blooms. They were so heavy that five stalks had bent over to the ground. I had to stake them back up.
This evening I did as Dad told me and mulched in my vegetable garden. Using newspaper as a base and adding a thick layer of grass clipping. I noticed that two seeds from the squash variety are up. I also noticed that the beet seeds have broken ground too.
No comments:
Post a Comment